Friday, April 20, 2012

Things I would like to see changed : Weather, team management

I thought I would put this thread together so I can share a few things I have posted about it the past, but have likely gotten lost in the forum. Anyway, the first things which come to mind are Weather and Team management.
Team management:
Do you recognise this screen?
http://img829.imageshack.us/i/manutdg.jpg/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/6285/manutdg.th.jpg
Ofcourse you do. It's been with us for a many of Fifa titles. It has to go. The whole of the Fifa presentation is getting rather old, but this little chappy is the oldest. What's worst? It doesn't even make sense to have it. WHY is half the screen been taken up but the other player, when it benefits us in no way what so ever (Other than their formation) Why confine me to half a screen, when the other half is being wasted. Here is what I propose.
Give us all of the screen. As the only thing we can learn from looking at their screen is the formation, allow us to press one of the shoulder buttons which maybe has a small pop up with a picture of their formation. So with a full screen, we could implement..
Squad Selector:
I'm quite an avid MM player. But it seriously gets boring when I have to switch my player roster around every match just because my main team are tired. Why now allow us to create tabs which go across the screen (using R1 and L1 to flick between them)
Squad 1 is going to me my first team. But lets say, like what I mentioned before, all of these players are tired - I can press the shoulder button and BANG, I have my secondary team right there and ready for some football. But lets take this even further..
Bring back form and have reserve matches :
You know when we get a message saying "This player is doing well, give him some first team action" Well why can't this be implemented with the tab system. As this player has been playing well in reserve matches, I could move him up to my first team. Maybe this then gives him a further confidence boost? Also, if we have a reserve match system, it keeps the players happy and in keeping them active. If they are playing well in these reserve matches, they increase in form, maybe even go up a level. What if they bombed from the first team and are now bombing in the reserves? Drop them down a level.
I know this already kind of happen at the moment, but it's totally behind the scenes. Make it open to us so we can check in on our players.
Weather :
I hate the current weather system in place. Just because I'm playing in December, doesn't mean I want to play in snow all month. Instead, I don't want to be able to select what weather I'm going to play in. Instead, I would like to see a weather system which progresses through a match.
Lets say it's the 17th December, and I'm playing a 12:30 kick off. I want the match to start off with an overcast. Then, when I'm at 20 minutes in, maybe it starts to snow? This snow could last for 10 minutes, it could last the whole match. Maybe it was snowing heavily from kick off, and 15 minutes in, the match gets called of and we have to have a replay next year.
What if I'm playing a 5:30 kick off. I want to feel like I'm playing a match. I want the sun to start of low, so a small section of the pitch is in light. The more I play, the quicker the sun sets. It could get so dark, that the fog lights have to be switched on over half time. You know what I mean?
The sun should move. Not stay sunny for a whole match. I want the shadows being cast from the stadium to move around as the sun rises or sets. It could start raining. There is so much which is better than what we have at the moment, all of it would be great.
If I think of any more, I'll add it.

No comments:

Post a Comment