Friday, April 27, 2012

Issues I have

My virtual pro
Why for my pro-club is my player an inch shorter than his actual height. Is this just a glitch in the menu, or does my player actually shrink by 1 inch when playing online, and if so, why?
Difficulty
I hate the difficulty settings in the current game, it seems that the only thing that changes when you increase the difficulty is the referee's bias towards the opposition, difficulty should be based on the opponent and the type of game. For example if two major teams are playing in the final, it should be really tense and difficult because neither teams will want to lose, whereas if a major team plays a 2nd or 3rd league team, it should be really easy for them.
Virtual Pros
Why are tall virtual pros so bad? My player is 6ft4 (because I'm 6ft4) and he spends all game chasing after everyone, tall people aren't necessarily slower than others (watch some 100m sprinters and tell me tall people aren't fast)
Also, small people are way too overpowered, the game has it that the smaller you are, the less strength you have, though I still find it impossible to throw a small player off the ball, and when I do, 9 times out of 10 the referee will call it up as a foul.
Another thing with small players is their uncanny ability to win headers, even against players how are more than a foot taller than them, I can understand it may happen sometimes based on better positioning and skill, but way to often will I lose out on a header to yet another 5ft virtual pro (absurdly coloured afro and MASSIVE nose included, of course)
Shooting
I understand that from FIFA 09/10 to FIFA 11 EA made massive changes to chip shots to make them more difficult to pull off, and that's fair enough, but now it seems it is way too easy to use finesse shots. I'd reckon it's just as hard to pull off a perfect chipped ball as it is to pull off a perfect curled shot, yet 9 times out of 10 a finesse shot will find itself nestled easily in the goal with little effort from the player.
Also, can something be done about players online who simply pass the ball across the 6 yard box and score an easy tap-in, I understand it can and does happen in real games but it's far too easy to pull off in FIFA, and it's really hard to defend against as the defensive AI is pretty appalling, I'll often have 2 or 3 defenders chasing after the player with the ball and another player will be sitting patiently in the 6 yard box for the tap-in with my other defenders nowhere to be found.
Defending
There's a number of issues here, one is that the ball will often clip straight through players that would otherwise block a shot, this also happens when two players compete for a ball in the air, either the ball will go straight through the defenders head, or the attacker will simply put his head through the defender to win the ball. Another problem is tackling and fouls, there's been so many occasions where I've made a sliding challenge, and missed both the ball and the player, yet it still appears as though the player has been hit and the referee will call it a foul, this is really frustrating, especially when it happens in the last minutes of a final and you lose because of it.
Also, clearances, seriously. What the hell? Why when I try to clear the ball from the penalty area does the ball go at a right-angle in mid air to go off the side of the pitch rather than up towards the half way line. The curl on clearances is weird at best, and down-right impossible to achieve in real life at worst. I believe I saved a video once where a defender was at the right corner flag, stepped over the ball and kicked it towards the half-way line, and the ball curled so hard in the air that it went into his own keeper's 6 yard box, who then picked the ball up (pass-back?)
What has actually been done to the game to make clearance kicks behave like this, it's just so weird.
|||Bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment