Friday, April 20, 2012

Crossing - Gameplay Problem - Please Help/Read EA!

To start of with, I've played over 500 online matches on UT and over 300 matches on pro clubs on xbox 360, as well as playing every single edition of fifa since fifa 98. Therefore, I have already gone through the controller settings and assistance levels, and it is clearly the same as what I always play with; classic + all assisted (including assisted crossing). Just thought I'd state that, to show that I am not some new guy making a rookie error.
All of a sudden when I cross the ball in matches, it has much more loop on it that usual, to the extent that my crosses are similar to the motion of chipped shots; really high in the air and very slow paced. Then other times my crosses are wildly flying straight out of play (almost like as if I was on manual) and other times they are trickling along the floor to the extent where it becomes humorous (I'm holding down cross and power it half way, only to see the ball go no more than 5 yards, and thats not even exaggurating). Other times the ball will fire back towards the half way line (baring in mind I am crossing from almost the byline). I use a variety of crosses; back post cross (single tap x), front post cross (double tap x) and low driven cross (triple tap x) as well as using early crosses (lb+cross), and I am all of a sudden having the same problem for all types of crossing. This is some sort of bug/virus on my console.
I have tried different controllers, battery packs and changed the controller settings to manual, semi and back to assisted, and it is clear that on all cross modes there is this problem (manual, semi or assisted). I even tried my little brothers xbox, but crossing is fine (like ti should be) for him (and for me when I play on his xbox for that matter). The problem is very hard to explain, and you would have a better understanding if you saw the problem for yourself (add my gamertag Azzza on xbox 360 and I can show you), as my friends didn't understand at first but after playing matches against them they now see my problem clear as crystal.
I contacted the support staff via live chat and they were unable to solve my problem, they urged me to post on this forum from which hopefully I will recieve a response.
Please help EA! I love playing fifa, but at the moment I have a severe disadvantage when playing matches as my crossing simply does not work as it should do at all.|||i find there is a total randomness to crossing too, but sometimes i have more luck if i cut back and do an in-swinging cross by just holding x down for a decent period of time (similar to a hard shot). this swings it to back post and gives good chance of a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment