Friday, April 20, 2012

Fifa 11 criticisms

I have recently noticed some weird problems and design choices of this game which I would like to bring forward, i have never been on these forums so forgive me if they are old, and at least humor me if I am very late to the proverbial party. Thanks
1. "pro passing" So i like to play as aggressive passing teams such as Arsenal and Barca. Now If you know these teams than you know that they use the pass and move stratagy a lot. They play spanish "taka taka" football, now when I try this near the goal, they players always try and go for some sort of through ball, despite me playing otherwise, This means that you can not play real football with these teams of smaller players. I have no idea why the game does this but all it means is that I have to rely on the AI controlled through ball system, which although works is just cheap, random, and does not reflect the way these teams play/
2. Crossing and corners (defense) You can't.
3. Now this is a weird one, but I have noticed this through out all the fifas. Now the sponsored players, or mascots of the game, are always more overpowered or better than they should be. Now this was hidden before because obviously the players chosen were always great [players anyway.
However, this year I at last have some great examples, to prove this point:
Barcelona has some great players: messi, xavi, iniesta. However this year iniesta is a mascot for fifa 11. So if you play the game you will notice that he is the best player in the team by a long shot, xavi is pretty poor, and weak. and Messi is weak, slow and is in no way a 90 on the pitch. he is also the mascot of pro evo.... funny that.
anyway all of this is kinda annoying because I want to play good, fun attacking football, with more technical teams.
However this is impossible, thus I am left with playing as Chelsea and crossing it in for a header. Great....
Thanks for reading.|||I think you've hit the nail on the head. the passing is terrible! perhaps this is mostly to do with the new super human defenders? They are just ridiculously fast! you can play a one-two and have the defender miles out of position, but he somehow always manages to regain his balance, anticipate where the pass is going and not only intercept it, but turn both of your players and launch a counter attack! Theyre fast sprinters too, the amount of times Pique has caught Ronaldo after a 10 yard head start is ridiculous! Only if Ronaldo tripped would that ever happen in real life. I was playing as Newcastle utd Vs Swansea City and ther centre back (from the edge of his own box) rolled it passed Steven Ireland, Just simply moved around Kevin Nolan and played a pin point perfect lobbed thru ball to the center forward. Now i realise Newcastle and the players involved arent the best in the world. But it doesnt matter who it is, Swansea,s defenders cannot do that.
And the refs! Jesus christ! Perfectly acceptable tackles, standing, from head on, "all ball" tackles are not only punished with a free kick, but a yellow card! The comp, trips your players all the * time. but free kick? nope! I refuse to go to PES, coz frankly I,ve never played a worse football game in my life! But christ! Get these problems fixed and bring on FIFA 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment