Friday, April 20, 2012

Online Manager Mode

Now some of you may have noticed that I have posted this suggestion elsewhere, but I want to really spell it out here and see what you all think of it.
I definitely think that little details and kinks should be ironed out, I always say gameplay before new features, but I'm pretty happy with the gameplay.
I'd like to say aswell that I do not play UT because I hate a game mode based on micro-transactions and feel it should be a separate game so disc space can go to the actual FIFA game. But... back to the topic of this post.
My suggestion, as you may guess from the title, is a form of Online Manager Mode.
Now I don't own PES, and have only seen promotional videos for their version, but it looks like absolute *.
I think that an entire league owned by human players would be great, and inter-league cup tournaments etc. would be fantastic, but that is a huge step and may be messy and not work out too great.
I feel a more concentrated league mode would be fantastic. So if me and 5 mates want to manage in the premier league against each other we can.
We'd each pick a team, (most likely the top 6 teams or our favourites) and then we'd have a transfer period where we can sign players from CPU controlled teams around the world and each other. I don't have a defined way of doing this, but I was thinking that maybe it could go along real life time, with the option to advance a week whenever a prescribed 'commissioner' does so (the notion of a commissioner comes from Madden Online Franchise which, with good organization is a feature that doesn't get abused much).
These human controlled teams lobby for players and operate within an interface much like Offline Manager Mode (hopefully dramatically improved and in depth).
Human players play a schedule in either a linear or non linear fashion (whichever works best. Madden has linear but there are only 16 games, I am skeptical over the patience of FIFA players to wait for other players to play games over a much longer period).
So... Human players play the computer controlled teams in both League and Cup action and all all Cups are featured (domestic cup, european cup, super cup, etc.). The real fun is in the battle between the Human teams. Players should all play on a predetermined difficulty and it is entirely dependent on squad building, management (keeping players fit, maybe dealing with the media if it can be integrated) and player skill and consistency to be the champion.
I find manager mode can be a bit too easy, especially as a big club, and I'd love for that top of the table clash with Chelsea or that Champions League Semi Final vs Real Madrid have a bit more on the line, no better way than by playing your friends.
Simple explanation coming... (too many ideas as I write, also issues I have to answer myself etc.)
But BASICALLY.
It's a new improved Manager Mode with all the features we all want for offline such as media interviews/scrutiny, in depth contract signing, aggressive cpu transfer bids, player happiness, progression etc. but with the ability to have friends on different consoles in different cities take the reigns of the clubs you are competing against.
The cpu world continues around you too, and a big focus should be on how you handle cpu games (just like offline) and cpu clubs.
EG.
I control Man Utd, my friends Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Newcastle and Man City.
As Man U I may want to sign Fabregas, so I enter negotiations with my friend. If he feels my offer is good, he can accept or negotiate with me a better price. I then have permission to speak to Fabregas and try and convince him to join my club through incentives, salary, player role etc. My other friend of Chelsea also wants Fabregas and bids a similar amount, which is accepted too. It is now a battle between Man Utd and Chelsea for the signature of Fabregas by giving him the most attractive offer available.
That is a transfer scenario, but this can happen when bidding for say Alexandre Pato from Milan which is CPU controlled (as it's a foreign league). Milan may accept bids from all Human teams, but it is the ability to negotiate with the player and give him the best offer that will decide who gets him. Emphasis should be placed not entirely on money, but also on the rating of the players around them, if they will be a starter, the formation used etc.
It is important to keep players happy by sticking to transfer promises or they may demand a transfer and your rivals may nab him from you.
EG.
Man Utd and Chelsea and Tottenham have won all their CPU games. Getting max points vs other teams (the others losing a couple or drawing a few etc.) The title will be decided in these crunch head to head matches vs a friend to decide who becomes champion. This adds drama to the title race and also more meaning to the bragging rights of FIFA accomplishments. If in this example as Tottenham I beat Chelsea and Man Utd in the head to head matches I become champion, but I may lose to Arsenal in the FA Cup semi final, or Champions League quarter final and as such the bragging rights are shared or split. If every Human player gets knocked out of a cup by a CPU team the CPU can win it, as is the same with the league title.
___________
I hope this is clear enough, I know I went into some detail, but I feel it's important to outline things with some depth instead of just blurt out an idea which is apparent in the title.
The people at EA will know how much of an effect this will have on sales and I feel it'd be the next step in the FIFA series, as after all, Ranked games vs strangers can be frustrating and ultimately don't lead to any sense of accomplishment besides trouncing a stranger using Real Madrid with Cardiff City. This gives gamers a structure and goals to aim for without getting lost in the world of ranked FIFA.
Please do what you can to get this noticed, give me feedback etc.
any ideas and suggestions are welcome, and if anyone knows a way of showing this to EA to show there's a market for it would be awesome. I wouldn't expect this in FIFA 12 as Offline Manager Mode needs work first and I feel 2 years of development would be sufficient to make this mode run smoothly.
|||Ive been crying out for an online manager mode since the release of Fifa09. Even if it meens paying for an add on for this mode. I would rather pay for an online MM than UT. Fifa needs something like this(imo) I jst wish they would break the mold and come out with something ground breaking like this.|||please don't mention charging for this though lol
keep the transactions for UT. This should be part of the gaming experience we shell up to 50quid for.
I understand what you mean, but EA are shifty dudes and will extort us out of any penny they can, so please don't advertise a paying market for this!
Thanks for the agreement though. You got any way to refine my idea?
I feel it's maybe a bit loose and scheduling is a bit difficult. And time frames for negotiations etc.|||i'd like to update this post so i can get more of a response and see how people like the idea...|||If anyone wishes to share thoughts on this?
Please feel free to do so.|||I think this would be a great idea. Just being able to compete against real intelligence rather then AI in transfers is what is most appealing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment